We’re focused on keeping your skills, and those of your employees, as current and up-to-date as possible.
In order to do this, Skills Training Australia has worked closely with industry to design accredited and non-accredited workshops across a range of health-focused skill sets.
Workshops offer a great deal to your organisation, and your employees. Through enrolling your staff in specific workshops:
- You can help improve their skills base, in a manner that best serves your organisations requirements.
You can choose the workshops that will suit your organisations needs, while, at the same time, improving the knowledge and skills of your employees.
- You are displaying proactive staff development, showing you staff that you value them enough to invest in their training.
Improve your staff retention and vocational engagement by showing your employees, through ongoing training, that you value them and their skills.
- You provide avenues of advancement within your organisation, as your staff become more knowledgeable and responsible in their profession.
You can choose workshops that will assist your staff with their ongoing career progression, while extending the wider skills base of your organisation.
Workshops that are currently offered by Skills Training Australia:
- Level 2 First Aid
- CPR Update
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control
- Aged Care Induction Program (OHS, Infection Control and Manual handling)
- Anaphylaxis (Epi-Pen Training)
- Assessing clients individual needs
- Medications workshop
- Encouraging decision making and independence
- Building family relationships
- Caring for people with continence needs
- Communication skills
- Cross cultural care
- Conflict resolution
- Dealing with complaints and disputes
- Mental health workshop
- Develop and implement individual hearing plans
- Diabetes management
- Dementia management
- Fire and emergency evacuation
- Elder abuse recognition and prevention
- Food handling
- Occupational health and safety
- Food safety supervisor
- Pain management
- Infection control
- Palliative care
- Managing teams
- Performance management
- Manual handling
- Promoting and managing best practice and continual improvement
- Negotiation skills
- Prevention and management of sores
- Preparing for an audit
- Privacy and dignity
- Restraint and seclusion
- Responding to difficult and challenging behaviour
- Skin care
- Sensory loss in the elderly
- Supporting positive nutrition
- Supporting independence and wellbeing
- Wound care
- Team building and positive communication
- Workplace harassment and bullying
Please contact our business development team on 1300 656 669, to find out more about the delivery and scheduling of our workshops.